If you want to get your phone back "as good as new" or want to protect your privacy by deleting some private photos or are just trying to free up space on your iPhone, then this article will be useful to you because it will show you how you can delete all your photos from your iPhone with ease.
Your selfies, photos of your cat wearing a Halloween costume and all those "shots" you forgot to delete may be a thing of the past. Before selling your iPhone or giving your iPhone to others, if you are concerned that your private photos may be discovered by others then delete completely the photos almost becomes a necessity. The iPhone has the built-in function which supports the complete deletion of photos. But this complete removal only happens after 30 days and this could be long term if you are going to sell or give away the phone right away.
Fortunately, there are several solutions to solve this problem and the first solution "dr.fone”Is one of them because it allows you to permanently and completely delete photos from your iPhone. Here are the 4 methods proposed in this article:
- dr.Fone Eraser
- Integrated iPhone functions
- IPhone restore
Method 1: Use dr.Fone to Permanently Erase iPhone Photos
Although Apple offers the “permanently delete photos within 30 days” feature, someone may want to instantly delete any unnecessary photos or photos you've already deleted (but not permanently). So how do you do it? dr.Phone Erase is the best tool that supports permanent deletion of unnecessary photos on your iPhone as well as your other iOS devices. It is easy to use and very effective. Here are the steps to follow.
Step 1. Download dr.fone in free demo version on your PC or Mac from the following links:
Proceed with the installation of the program and at the end open it. You will see this splash screen:
Step 2. Click on "CLEAR"To download and open the" eraser "module
You will be asked to connect the iphone to the computer via USB cable:
Once the connection has been made this screen will appear:
Step 3. Choose cancellation method
As you can see from the screenshot above, you can choose 3 cancellation methods:
- Erasing ALL data on your iPhone (to do a full reset)
- Permanent deletion of data you have already deleted (for example to permanently delete all photos, even if they have already been removed)
- Permanent deletion of private data (this function can also be used to remove your photos)
In our case, we choose the latter function “Delete Private Data”. You will be asked to start scanning: click on START SCAN and wait for the end of the process
Step 4. Permanently delete all photos
After the scan you will see all the data divided by type: images, messages, contacts, etc ...
From the left select the Images folder and then click on "Delete from device". A window will open asking you for confirmation as seen in the figure below.
Once you have entered the confirmation word, click on "Cancel NOW”And dr.Fone will proceed to permanently delete (by overwriting) all the photos from your iPhone. Now you can sell or give your iPhone as a gift without fear of your photos being recovered or discovered.
Method 2: Erase iPhone Photos with Built-in Functions
If you can wait 30 days to completely remove the photos on your iPhone, you can use the built-in iPhone feature - remove your recently deleted photos. But the operating module will be slightly different between the iOS 12 version and the previous version. Here are the differences.
For iOS 11 and earlier
Step 1: Select or drag photos to delete photos in a particular photo album.
- Go to "Photos"
- Choose your photos
- Tap the “Trash” icon in the lower right corner of the screen
- Click “Delete Photo” / “Delete * number * Photo” to confirm the deletion.
Step 2: The photos you delete in the last step will go to the “Recently Deleted Albums”. To get rid of them completely and permanently, you need to get rid of them from there as well. Here's how to do it:
- Tap “Recently Deleted Album” from Album.
- Tap "Select" in the upper right corner, then choose the photos you want to delete
- Tap “Delete” to permanently delete all selected photos on your iPhone
Per iOS 12
- You open 'Gallery'.
- Click 'Album‘ on the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and click 'Recently deleted'.
- Click 'Select'at the top right and then choose the photos to delete
- Click 'Delete'to permanently remove photos from iPhone
Method 3: Delete Photos via iTunes
Occasionally, for some reason, the iPhone's built-in feature may fail and you may fail to delete photos and not find them in the trash. Why does this happen? These photos are the ones that you have synced with iTunes and that you cannot directly edit or delete on iPhone. But here's how you can do it.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to it via USB cable, choose the device icon inside it.
- Select "Photos" from the list on the left.
- Uncheck “Sync Photos” in the upper left corner of the main screen selected by default. Then click "Apply”To delete all photos correctly.
- If you want to delete only a part of them you can deselect specific photos and click “Apply” to delete.
Method 4: Reset iPhone
If you want to sell or give your iPhone as a gift, the simplest thing for delete all photos is to reset the device to factory settings. Not only the photos but also other data will be erased forever from your iPhone. All settings will return to factory conditions.
Step 1: Go to Settings> General> Reset on your iPhone. Then tap "Erase all content and settings".
2 pass: If prompted, enter your Apple ID passcode or password. Then confirm that you want to delete the content from the device.
3 pass: Wait for the device to be erased. It may take a few minutes to completely wipe the data depending on the device.Erase All Photos from iPhone. How to do? -